have bag, must pack
Hello, everybody! You've found the page. To the uninitiated, this here is a blog and it's what I generally use to keep in touch with people I care about who are far, far away. I've sort of given up on emailing friends because I always end up sending the same thing, written just a little differently. Blogging is just more efficient.
If you're reading this, I'm probably still in the Philippines waiting to get on a flight to Vancouver. If it doesn't push through, then you'll get another text from me saying my flight was cancelled, we can all have a good laugh about it over beers and we'll never have to access this blog ever again.
But if it does push through and I end up on that plane, making the 11 hour trip to Canada, I want to say this to the people in the Philippines:
I miss you now. I will miss you more later, then I will miss you a little less, then it'll hit me that I miss you insanely and I'll write miserable things in this page and confess a lot of embarrassing, emotional things in an attempt to purge myself of all the sorrowful feelings, then I'll go right back to missing you less, trying to be busy and concentrate on living in the here and now, and finally, I'll stabilize and miss you the exact and proper amount. Then we'll talk like normal people, promise. God willing, I'll see you again then we can do the whole thing all over.
Can't write much right now. I have to speed off to my last meeting with Professor Munz, Russ, Hana, and other FA peeps. Tomorrow, I have to finish packing (There's so much STUFF. Like I was telling Larry, my sentimentalism is making me materially constipated.) then I will be off to my final dinner with family. If my sister's going out afterwards, I'll drop by Shem's and pick up a book I lent him, possibly stopping by Yo Latino to say farewell to Joseph, Jerome, and Aaron. That's the current itinerary.
I will write more later, hopefully in Manila. If not, then hopefully in Canada. 'Til then, take care, everybody. My mind is in a hundred different places right now but the most solid thought all those pieces can articulate is that if I leave, I want everyone here to be just fine, to do great things, to continue living lives I hope I was able to bless, and to wish me well on this journey I'm taking.
Thanks, all.
If you're reading this, I'm probably still in the Philippines waiting to get on a flight to Vancouver. If it doesn't push through, then you'll get another text from me saying my flight was cancelled, we can all have a good laugh about it over beers and we'll never have to access this blog ever again.
But if it does push through and I end up on that plane, making the 11 hour trip to Canada, I want to say this to the people in the Philippines:
I miss you now. I will miss you more later, then I will miss you a little less, then it'll hit me that I miss you insanely and I'll write miserable things in this page and confess a lot of embarrassing, emotional things in an attempt to purge myself of all the sorrowful feelings, then I'll go right back to missing you less, trying to be busy and concentrate on living in the here and now, and finally, I'll stabilize and miss you the exact and proper amount. Then we'll talk like normal people, promise. God willing, I'll see you again then we can do the whole thing all over.
Can't write much right now. I have to speed off to my last meeting with Professor Munz, Russ, Hana, and other FA peeps. Tomorrow, I have to finish packing (There's so much STUFF. Like I was telling Larry, my sentimentalism is making me materially constipated.) then I will be off to my final dinner with family. If my sister's going out afterwards, I'll drop by Shem's and pick up a book I lent him, possibly stopping by Yo Latino to say farewell to Joseph, Jerome, and Aaron. That's the current itinerary.
I will write more later, hopefully in Manila. If not, then hopefully in Canada. 'Til then, take care, everybody. My mind is in a hundred different places right now but the most solid thought all those pieces can articulate is that if I leave, I want everyone here to be just fine, to do great things, to continue living lives I hope I was able to bless, and to wish me well on this journey I'm taking.
Thanks, all.


4 Comments:
Haha.I'm the first to comment.
Larvae... word verification:rmjhjuab...hehe
Sir Karl, probably drunk, asked me if I was gonna give you a despidida...The rest of the alumni and teachers...had a pretty good laugh about it...
miss you already! take care, and do post soon.
*hugs* take care in canada. come back to us when you can! :)
Did friends drop you off? so strange.
Post a Comment
<< Home