Monday, February 05, 2007

Oh, Tiffany!


Originally by 'Tommy James and the Shondells' in the 60's, bubblepopstar, 'Tiffany' popularized this hit in the 80's, which I tell you, conjures up images of Bel Ami boys fooling around in my dirty mind:


"Children, behave!"
That's what they say when we're together.
"And watch how you play!"
They don't understand and so we're

Running just as fast as we can,
Holding onto one another's hand,
Trying to get away into the night,
And then you put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground and then you say,

"I think we're alone now."
There doesn't seem to be anyone around.
"I think we're alone now."
The beating of our hearts is the only sound.

Look at the way
We've gotta hide what we're doing.
Cause what would they say
If they ever knew and so we're.. (repeat bridge and chorus)

-

Isn't it so potentially fag? I love it! And apparently, I have nothing better to do than homosexualize classic pop.

I'm also working hard to be able to afford this trip back to the Philippines. It's so expensive to get a round trip so, following the resignation of the last dishwasher, I'm putting in additional days at work to make more money. I smell like the stinking dish pit.

But guess what; they're training me to work on the line! I'm gonna be kitchen staff starting Thursday. So I'll be a dishwasher/host/line cook. Talk about restaurant experience, eh? Hopefully this'll make it easier to get a job anywhere.

I'm nervous 'though, because my boss and coworkers were talking about how great I've been at every job they've thrown me into so far. This, of course, is a set-up for legendary fuck-uppery. Imagine my bleeding fingers touching your food.

Truth is, I think dealing with the other cooks will be a higher hurdle to jump than learning to cut fruit. They're so bugal-bugalon and appear to enjoy picking on me. However, I am excited to say, "Order up!" so let's whip out the knives and play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home