proof of life

My sister and I are in Canada - freezing.
None of this feels real. My sleep has been staggered and every single awakening has been a rude one. 'You're not in the Philippines anymore. Adjust.'
Anyway, we're both okay. We just got to Halifax after a two hour flight from Toronto after a four hour flight from Vancouver after a twelve hour wait for that flight after a 12 hour flight from Manila and we are very very tired people. In an hour, we're going to go to our Granny's house for a family dinner. I'm not sure how we'll stay awake through that but we have to try. Anyway, it'll be better if we sleep at night so we can get on this timezone, bodyclock-wise.
Which reminds me, I don't have a watch or a cellphone. I'm totally clueless about what time it is here and this isn't Cebu where punctuality doesn't matter much. I need a timepiece ASAP.
Arg. There are so many things going through my brain and right now, some of the major inner experiences are: depression, repressed panic, cluelessness, awkwardness, and wonderment. I'm totally confused about which to express but I'm being good about trying to mask all the bad stuff. However, I am exhausted and really fucking cold. I need to sleep in a big warm jacket 1st, then I'll deal with all the other problems.
I miss everything and everyone. Lisod ni da... Sige lang. Kaya ra.


6 Comments:
kaya ra na, james. glad you got to canada safely -- and no cancellations, too! woohoo! pag-ayo-ayo diha, and blog often when you can. :)
alo james,
tu nous manques! prends garde!
hi jay-mee,
i've been worrying non stop about you getting there ok. now, i can finally get some sleep too. miss you already. your skinny ass needs to get fat in order to deal with the cold.
glad you're safe.
Jam! Glad you made it to Canada in one piece. Yeah, wishin' you all the best. I'll seya real soon. Think about joinin' the "dark side!" Be safe, whitey.
So surreal! I remember talking about you doing this when we were on the Barrels in Gr. 4. It happened. I need a good pinch.
Post a Comment
<< Home