To Abdul:

I wrote a poem for you a long time ago and I'm not sure I ever let you read it. Not very much of it rings true anymore; some things have changed between now and then but a few lines..
-
How lucky that I stumbled by
my fragile fortress friend,
May warriors never topple you
I pray your vigils end.
-
And I've been praying. I hope to see you on your birthday.
Big hugs to you, bai.
James-


3 Comments:
Hi james! I haven't heard from or of you in while! Husto ba? You're going be in Cebu on July? wooo hoooo! :-) Let's hope I can squeeze in a quick trip home and see you! And yes, about humor, and all the inherent prejudice that informs it: (it's actually what my thesis! which I haven't written yet, is all about. haha. So your blog entry was actually a cruel reminder of my unproductivity.) But there are other types of humor which are based on the erasure of subjectivity, an erasure of the ego, and perhaps those are the most generative and liberative ones. They border on the tragic, and the self-deprecating. They proffer a smile instead of a laugh.
So here's a smile. :-) Hope you're doing well! :-) (and another smile!)
larry
larry! larry. :] larry...
i wish i were abdul *wish
kidding!
Post a Comment
<< Home