left overs

My sister and I (that's her with my nephew, Bryson by the way) share a roaming number (SMART) and I'd love to contact you guys through Chikka. I don't have all your numbers though (because I left my phone and sim back home) so if you could email them to me, that'd be great.
-O-
Last night I dreamt that I was flying. I don't have these flying dreams very often but when I do, they all take on the same tone. Set in various locations, usually nondescript cities, sometimes magical ones populated by sorcerers, I flap my arms like great big bat's wings through a sunset sky growing darker by the minute. Stars sprinkle light on the midnight sky and I stalk the quiet city dodging electric wires and tree branches until a sense of urgency takes over and I need to fly as fast and as far as I possibly can. Last night, I hopped from car roof to car roof and dove through a hole in the ceiling of my ex-driver's house. He was there with his family watching TV and I said, "I bet you didn't think I'd drop by like this." Afterwards, I was gliding close to the surface of a stream running through a bamboo forest. The twigs and leaves came at me from all sides, stabbing my eyeballs and skin.
I wake up from these dreams feeling exhausted but eager to do something. So I did the laundry, ate some cherry yoghurt, an oatmeal cookie, honey dijon chips, watched 'Starting Over', and got a chance (eventually) to blog.
Hello.
Some things I've been meaning to post here the past few days but never got a chance to:
At the Manila terminal I cried very hard when I had to say goodbye to Mom. I finally apologized for the last fight we had. She said, "Don't worry about that. It was part of growing up."
When the plane lifted off, it really did hit me that we were leaving. I took several pictures of Manila through the window. Quite appropriately, the sun was setting.
It seemed like the entire DeLeon family was on the same flight to Vancouver we were on. I saw Kimpie (sp?) DeLeon and Joey DeLeon. The thought that immediately struck me was, "If this plane crashes, the headline will be, 'DeLeon Family Dies Tragically in Plane Crash!' and our names won't even be printed."
When we got to Vancouver, Ate and I were feeling grimy so we ducked into an airport bathroom to change. The first shirt I put on in Canada was the Incubus T-shirt Marco and Trixie gave me years ago. Mom always said I couldn't wear it while I lived under her roof.
I have memorized the Vancouver Airport. We stayed there for 12 hours waiting for our flight to Toronto.
Our flight attendants on that flight were cute and gay. I wish I'd looked less like shit on the plane. Farquad.
Skin really does go dry here. It doesn't take long for it to look like reptilian scales. Now I have to use 'intense hydrating lotion'. Yuck. I hate gunk. Soon, I'll need to buy a facial moisturizer. Kris, you owe me a kikay kit! You promised. :]
Contrary to what I was told, Canada does not smell like National Bookstore. It actually doesn't smell like anything at all. I was so happy to be in a petstore and smell stinks and odors again. When we passed the fish section, I was so relieved. SMELLS! I miss them. I almost sang 'Hallelujah' when I sniffed someone's B.O..
On St. Patrick's Day (Friday), my cousin, his girlfriend, my sister, and I went out to see the local night scene. People here looove their alcohol. My cousin bought some Alexander Keith's which taste a whole lot like San Mig and I had around 7 bottles of those. Then I had a tequila shot, a vodka shot, and a Smirnoff Ice. I woke up with the worst hang-over I have ever had... But anyway, going back to St. Patrick's Day, we went to the most popular dance club over here, a gay place called 'Reflections'. My sister got hit on by three (straight) guys (lots of straight people in there) and one of them actually used this line on here: "You're as beautiful as the Philippine Sun." Hahahaha!
I, on the other hand, was not hit on, which led me to wonder - Mahalin kaha ko diri? My cousin says that as an Asian, I could take my pick here and someone told me I have 'underaged appeal' (the people here look way older than they do back home) but I doubt it. Anyway, I'll just wait and see. I'm in no hurry to meet guys and dive into a scene even smaller than Cebu's. I'd rather make allies, or better yet, friends.
I danced like a crazy person that night. It was the closest thing to a workout that I've had in weeks. I miss badminton and the gym! I want to do stuff with my body that will make it sweat and ache.
The grocery stores here are unbelievable. They have everything! I keep staring at the peppers and vegetables because they all look so damn perfect. The peppers look like they're made out of plastic. Flawless. Green, yellow, orange, and red. It's so pretty.
I met my Kuya Arthur, his wife, Joan, and their kids, Donald, Cory, Amy, and Bryson. I haven't seen my kuya since I was 8 or 9. It was surreal. He got really really fat and his kids are a joy. They're really spunky and hilarious. I'll try and post pics of them on buzznet.
Canada's freezing and full of food. It really is like living in the world's refrigerator, which reminds me, it's 12 noon. Gotta eat lunch.
Miss you guys.


5 Comments:
Hahaha... you sure are having fun there! I'm glad you find joy in the simplest things, James. Will send you pics of Cebu to keep you posted of what's new. Till next time...
Go Ruth! What is she doing about church?
We're gonna go church scouting this Sunday or we're gonna try at least. Most buses don't run on Sunday, silly things.
oist, now i remember about the kikay kit. hehehe. i'll fedex it to you there man when i can. :)
hi jay-mee,
monch, marc and i just arrived from kate's despidida de soltera dinner (not sure if that's what it's called) but you would have loved the buffet. loads of seafood and buffet lobster. we sat with shem...talked about american idol...and made fun of the magician who kep saying "this dick of cards". you met you're kuya arthur again? that's surreal...
Post a Comment
<< Home