Love, James

I want to tell you:
I want to clink plastic cups with you around a bonfire and exchange knowing looks.
I want to listen to you try not to complain about your life while I blow into my paper cup of tea.
I want to watch you adjust your glasses and stare amused at your Redhorse while you tell stories about cute starlets in the gym.
I want to listen to you quote the brilliant minds I never payed attention to, waxing poetic.
I want to see you pretend not to pick me up when we're both so aware of what's on your mind.
I want to thank you for the jacket that saved my life and let you know how much better off you are without him.
I want to walk through the mall with you arm in arm, even though I still find it kinda awkward.
I want to see how you've grown and smudge the eyeliner from your long, long lashes.
I want to sweat with you and pound your ass on a badminton court (or whatever)..
I want to break bread with you while we play '1 to 10'.
I want to see you trip and fall on your arrogant, lying face - even just once.
I want to hear you sing then flip your hair over your shoulder when you think I'm not paying attention.
I want to hear you say something's 'interesting' and ask, 'Kumusta na man ka, dong?'
I want to read your column with Cebu Daily in my hands.
I want to see you once then walk away, feeling better about everything.
I want to ask you how it felt, and say sorry, sorry, sorry for everything.
I will. Pila na lang ka adlaw. Kita kits.


2 Comments:
i miss you....i'm calling you...which one am i here??? :)
intriga ko. who's "you"? miss you jimmy! email me when you get back.
Post a Comment
<< Home