and when i wanna go, i can dream

My nights are filled with violent dreaming and I haven't gotten much rest. I can't seem to find the power switch for my brain and it just keeps running, running...
Last night, I dreamt about my CIS batch, all of us kindergarten students, only the world around us was darker and we were wandering a city where the toppled buildings were shaped like men and the grass was blue-violet.
I also dreamt that my Fine Arts classmates saw me naked in front of a cheap motel. I ran into a room and my uncle was in it, laying on the bed with a huge boner, waiting for me to go down on him. Sick, I know... At least we're not blood related. Nothing happened though. So does it qualify as a sex dream?
I remember my dreams from the night before much better.
Night Diving - I dreamt that I was scuba diving with a few people at night, one of them was you, Stef. We were swimming through the freezing water and there were no fish, just mossy rocks. It was really creepy because we couldn't see more than 5 feet in front of us and I was so sure some great white shark would attack me from out of nowhere. I could see the lights of some of the divers disappearing in the distance; I got scared and started to ascend. Thirty feet below, Stef was swimming in circles and I wondered if he'd finally seen some life in the water or if he was lost.
On the surface, the moon was full and everything was bathed in a ghostly blue light. I trudged up the rocky beach and turned around, hoping to see other divers surface. The sea was silent, dead. Just then, a young oarfish swam up to the shore. Its dorsal fin raised like a sail, glowing in the moonlight. Absolutely beautiful, I was able to marvel at it for just a couple of seconds before something with several long fangs attacked it and tore out its face. Another attacker joined the first and before I knew it, they were eating the oarfish's brains. I took out my camera and took pictures, cursing myself for not taking it out sooner.
Anxiety Classic - Classroom, students all smarter than me, an advanced class in physics - I wasn't naked though. John Cleese was the professor and he was speaking while writing a very long mathematical problem on the board, "By the time I finish writing this, one of you should have given me a correct answer." The smart ones were scribbling solutions frantically on pieces of paper and their hands shot up one by one. All their answers were wrong.
I had no idea what the answer was but I just mumbled, "The answer is a number." One of the smart students, a blonde girl with glasses shot me a nasty look and in my defense I said, "What? He asked for a correct answer and so far, mine's the only one he couldn't disprove." John Cleese smiled at me.
Sexual Deviants Running Down a Billboard - I think it was the same school as the one above only I was in trouble and I'd run to the top of the 16-story building to get away from the people chasing me. Some other delinquents joined me after a while, among them: Angel, Bobby, Madonna, and one of her dancers. The authorities were coming and if we turned back, we'd be caught for sure.
There was a big billboard right beside the building and I knew we could probably jump on it and climb down. It looked really dangerous though and I was hesitant to do it. Madonna got on the back of her dancer, said, "Yeehah!" and rode him like a horse over the balcony and onto the billboard. The rest of us felt more confident and did the same. The authorities were on our tails but they were too scared to jump.
We moved like gibbons through the jungle of steel bars and jumped on the roof a maintenance shed. From the roof, we jumped on some playground swings, which launched us onto some monkey bars leading to a slide which finally got us safely on the ground. A big grassy field lay before us, the old soccer field of CIS! Hundreds of people joined us, running for the wire fences, jumping over it, cutting holes through it, catching rides to Everywhere.
That last dream felt really good.
Tomorrow, I have an interview at Convergys. I know it would be the height of irony to come all the way here just to work at a call center (Convergys pa gyud) but I could earn more in a couple of hours than what I made in a day back at Bigfoot. I need the cash and at least it's a start. I could meet a lot of people and learn what it's like to be amongst 'Scotians'. Besides, it pays better than a job in retail or fastfood. Just pray that I pass the assessment and interview.
New photos up on my phlog.
Ayo ayo!


5 Comments:
i like the math dream. funny, you're more smart-alecky in your dream. :]
James, my brother works in Convergys. Wala lang. =)
magdream kaha ka about namo? james limited kaayo imong cebuano. now that u're in there dont loose it. try to post a lot of bisaya!!! haha! besides u're the cutest when u speak cebuano. i cant come here at blogspot all the time kay blocked ang blogspot sa office.. email pod usahay beh? -dul
uhuh...
hi jaime,
we all went to kate's wedding last night. it was HUGE to say the least. 1, 200 people all stationed in the dychangco compound with stations for food: pizza station, cold cuts station, salad station...you get the drift. we danced all night. till we were the only ones left dancing to old 50's songs doing the twist.
Post a Comment
<< Home