How do you eat spaghetti?

When I eat pasta, especially if it's the kind with chunky sauce, I try to make sure I fork a balanced amount of pasta and sauce chunks (that sounds nasty but you know what I mean) into my mouth. That way, I'll have a steady flavorful experience throughout the meal. However, my effort to maintain this fragile balance usually fails.
Let's face it, especially in the case of Italian dishes, the noodles are just an excuse to eat sauce and we throw the pasta in there so we don't feel weird about drinking the sauce straight up. Sauce is the essence of the dish, the too-sweet icing on the cardboard-flavored sponge cake. One part is designed to fill you, while the other is meant to make the eating experience delectable. So I skimp on the sauce in the beginning, afraid I may end up eating too much and finish the meal with a flavorless noodle knot.
With too much sauce in the end, I wish I had eaten more with my pasta at the start.
That's how I eat spaghetti.
I posted old pics in my phlog from Hamburg pride.


2 Comments:
hi jaimes,
haven't heard from you in awhile. i'm glad you finally blogged :)
miss you alot!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home