popes and panties

I have waited almost a year to post this photo. More photographs up on my phlog.
-O-
Two Things I Want to Know Right Now:
Why did Rustom leave the Big Brother House?
And why in the world was Budoy evicted?
-O-
Fuck. I miss Cebu so bad. And yes, I'm very jealous that you all had fun at Kate's wedding. I spent an hour going through old photos. Geeeez...
John Be, are you really going to Cebu? Suya ko! If you do, give the barkada a big hug for me beh. And give Ron a big kiss. :] heheh. I hope you get that trip to Switzerland, you could get tips about how to get around from Marco.
Okay. Life's hard enough to take without the mental photomontage set to ballads by Bette Midler. I do have better reasons for being emotional right now besides the obvious distance and nostalgia. I won't write about them here though. I'd rather yammer on about a little fluff:
Last weekend, my sister and I found ourselves in a CheerExpo. It was set in a damp little coliseum that was really The Halifax Forum ice-skating rink. Our cousin Kate's team was competing in the adult division and we were there to support her along with our Aunt Nancy.
BIZARRE. That's my favorite word for describing it. Imagine cheerleaders of all shapes, colors, and sizes running around, SCREAMING, discussing their CheerWorld things using their CheerWorld language, 'Bring It On' the movie materializing before my very eyes... I know the straight guys would have enjoyed it, hundreds of girls in mini's doing scorpion kicks and cartwheels. Monch, you would have gone nuts; so many were in their preteens. Heheh.
The gay guys would have enjoyed it too. First of all: gymnastics. For some reason, most gay people love acrobatics. Russ, you and Liyo would definitely see all that and think, "I want to join!" It looked fun baya. Craig, one of the gay cheerleaders reminded me sooooo much of you. Gimingaw hinuon ko nimo.
And then there were the insane outfits. One team put these awkwardly huge silver bows on the tops of their heads that looked like random strips of foil glued to their pretty blonde hair. Most sported fake ringlets, the latest fad in CheerWorld since the 'bobblehead' move became all the rage in America. Some of these fake ringlets came off during their stunts and it was hilarious each time. The make-up was always borderline-clown looking and I just wanted to take a thick absorbent pad to their faces, like a sanitary napkin or something, anything to make the caking stop.
Jokes and criticisms aside, these girls really put a lot into the sport and yes, it deserves to be called a 'sport' because it is so tough. A lot of girls walked off that mat with broken collarbones, dislocated joints, swollen knees, and bleeding hands. Like they say, "In football, all you drop is the ball." They invest so many hours into practices and they never say 'no' for fear of letting down the team. Worst of all, they have to look enthusiastic and pretty while they do all these stunts in unison. Crazy.
My cousin's team won first place, beating last year's champion.
As exciting as it all was, my sister and I did leave with really bad headaches. The sound system was really lousy and their music was all the same: poorly compiled dance and hiphop tunes, the same ten songs arranged differently, badly. "Let's go! Put your hands in the air! - Here we go now! (what?) Here we go now! (what?) Here we go now! - Music make you lose control! BAM!"
Makalabad ug ulo...
What else... Oh yeah, I got a job. My sister and I did. We're gonna be classmates in Convergys starting Monday.
It will be great to finally get paid. With jobs, it's actually possible for us to get a place of our own (in a bad-decent part of town) and be relatively independent. However, we are going to continue staying at our aunt's so we can save money for stuff, like a good laptop, our own internet connection, airline tickets for our Mom to come visit us in December, driver's licenses, and a car. Later on, we want to take college courses here, get degrees that'll get recognition and maybe go to Toronto to find better jobs and rejoin urban life again. That's what's on the list right now.
Taas taas man diay now that I look at it. I hope makaya ra namo. We're definitely gonna be earning more over here than what we were making back home. - Note how I keep repeating that to make myself feel better about the fact that I am working at a friggin' call center.
it's a start it's a start it's a start
I am reading about Salvador Dali.
I have gained back all the weight I lost in Cebu before leaving.
I know how to use a dishwasher, an oven, a washing machine, and a dryer now.
I saw last night's American Idol and they all sucked. Katherine's my favorite but why did she raid a sunken Spanish galleon for her outfit? And Christina Aquilera? ARG.
I've been listening to Fiona Apple again.
I'm drawing.
I've gotten very good at microwaving stuff.
I'm starting to feel lonely. The cold's getting past the skin.
I haven't ironed anything yet but I make my bed everyday.
I haven't exercised or anything.
Sleeping is still a struggle. Can't wait 'til my schedule at the call center fucks that up even more. Haha!
I miss you all very much.
Ayo ayo.


3 Comments:
Hello, Dali. :]
i miss you jaimes. i renovated my room and i'm planning on putting up the photo you gave me for my birthday. yesterday at work, i fell asleep during lunch and dreamt about darkwing, friends, and a really bright moon. hehe. we're all losing sleep.
oi jaime. talking bout quality sleep huh? the heat here is inversely proportional to the frigid weather u have there. makabuang.hehehe.anyhow, be good there man. take care. kumusta ko ni ruth. c u soon. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home