Sunday, July 02, 2006

I got it.


Thank you, my beloved friends, thank you.

No word yet on Germany. Monday siguro.

Today I will watch The Devil Wears Prada and throw my head back when I laugh.

I've decided the only person I would marry in a heartbeat (right now) is Natalie Portman. Seriously. A heartbeat. I've developed a serious crush.

Have you guys seen FlashDance? It's an extravaganza! Russ, if you haven't seen it yet, go watch it. It's rich with ideas for performances.

Yesterday was Canada Day. We celebrated it by staying at home and watching The Five People You Meet in Heaven. It was a good translation of the book but AAARRGH! The part w/ the Filipina girl is so inaccurate! She's wearing Ifugao tela round her waist and a Spanish-y blouse while speaking in highly American-accented Tagalog - with wrong grammar! What's worse, there were huge pine trees by the river where she was playing. Nothing to do w/ Canada but the Pinoy in me felt affronted by such a half-assed Hollywood depiction.

Anyway, Noorani is here and we're gonna watch Spirited Away. Not a bad weekend by my standards at all.

Love you guys. Mwah!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stefan said...

Well, if she's ifugao there are pine trees in mountain province.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 1:07:00 PM  
Blogger veraLeigh said...

I read the book, and Mitch Albom wrote sundalong for soldier.

mistakes on words that simple is quite unforgivable.

nakaingon siguro na sundalong ang translation for soldier, maybe from a phrase like "sundalong" amerikano.

Thursday, July 20, 2006 4:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi James--- my name is Jack McCormack and i'm recovering alcoholic from new york living in a sober life in mactan.
others like me has meetings at redemptorist church on monday,thurs & saturday 6:30 pm to 9:30 (2 meetings each night first 1 cebuano 2nd;english...sorry no german)pass this along

my email jjmc522@yahoo.com.ph

Saturday, July 22, 2006 2:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home