letter to Joseph

What a day, what a day... I woke up at 4AM to shift endlessly in a hospital waiting lounge seat, making polite conversation with my boyfriend's parents, who I was meeting for the very first time, - and who weren't exactly overjoyed that I wasn't a completely caucasian conservative Christian woman with a 'real job' - while my guy was bolted to a table under a neurosurgeons drill, getting a piece of his skull removed that's been giving him a non-stop migraine for the past 5 years. I was a bit of a wreck although I did my best to keep all the anxiety in and I drew this picture in the process. Fortunately, everything went extremely well, the surgery finished earlier than expected, he's recovering incredibly, he's conscious, he remembers everything, and unless his cerebral/spinal fluid leaks, he'll be out of the hospital in 3 to 5 days.
As a very minor side-note, I was one of 9 artists chosen to exhibit at a local erotic art show in Halifax's most popular sexual health store, Venus Envy. My pieces stood out and I got very good feedback. On top of that, I was dabbling in a joint called the Clay Cafe a few days ago, where I etched and painted a mug that the owners of the store were very pleased with. They've dubbed it 'Piece of the Week', and I'm getting a twenty dollar gift certificate in exchange for their privilege to show off my little ceramic prize-winner for a week.
I'm still stuck in a stupid little job in a cafe, I still don't have any real direction although I did apply at a local publication for an illustrator's position, so that's something I guess... And I'm happy. Yeah, I'll admit it, I'm pretty happy. I'm in love, I'm young, and the sky is infinitely high and full of possibilities.
Happy birthday, Joseph. :)
-
Thank you for the prayers, everybody. Shaun thanks you most of all.


3 Comments:
good to hear shaun's okay :)
great news!-stefan
glad to hear ( or read) things went by great.more power jaime.call u sometime.
- kris
Post a Comment
<< Home