Saturday, April 08, 2006

singing in the cold


I haven't been feeling very cheerful lately. One night I came home from training and found this newspaper clipping taped on my bedroom door. Heheh.. It's little things like this that make so much difference in a day.

The silence here is too eerie for me and I've been having difficulty sleeping because of it. I can hear every single sound my body makes and you have no idea how noisy your stomach really is until you're in a place like this. My aunt lent me this CD to help me sleep. It's supposed to increase the delta energy in your vibration or something like that. Whatever it does, it's basically relaxing music designed for meditiation and it works for me. I sleep pretty well now. No more nightmares about babies ripping out of fleshy turds dropping out of my pustule-covered mother's friends.

I guess she's having a really positive influence on me here. I sleep in her meditation room basically and it's full of candles, trippy books, and self-help stuff. Lately, I've been reading 'Journey of Souls', the research of a hypnotherapist who discovered that most of the visions people under hypnosis have of the life between our lives is too similar to discount as the random fantasies of an ordinary mind. If you're inclined to believe in reincarnation, it documents the observations of people under hypnosis who undergo past-life regression and explore the time period between lives when they live in a spirit realm, the world of souls, so to speak. It's very interesting stuff.

Anyway, it's late and I really shouldn't be in here, mooching off my cousins PC at midnight. I gotta go to bed. Early tomorrow, I'm going to do something scary: I'm going to try out for Canadian Idol. Why? Because on a drunken night in Cebu, I told my friends, "When I get there, I'll try out for American Idol Canada!" and even though there's no such thing as 'American Idol Canada' and I was totally drunk and didn't really mean it anyway, I don't back out of a promise as long as I can help it and what the hell, life's too damn short not to embarrass yourself in front of professionals in the music industry and maybe even a large chunk of North America.

Wish me luck! Miss you all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your nana. she's so considerate and she has great taste. haha. you and i both now that jake gylenhaal is high up on our list. so...did you get in??? tell me all about it! i miss you and i was there when you said that you would try out for american idol canada. hehe. can't wait to hear from you jaymee.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 2:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home