drops
A casual attempt at verse while riding the bus:
When I saw your picture,
I moved 'though you did not,
There was no pause to ponder,
when the photograph was shot,
No twitch of recollection,
No tell-tale beating heart,
No pang of sweet emotion,
to betray our time apart.
When I saw your picture,
I left it on the sill,
Rushing to the door, I left,
The photograph was still,
No frame to hold the memory,
No place upon a page,
No trophy for the agony,
Collecting dust with age.
On a totally separate note: For the first time in over 25 years, the Neishes had a reunion - and it was amazing. I only wish more Neishes could have been in attendance.
And on another totally separate note: Marie, thank you.
When I saw your picture,
I moved 'though you did not,
There was no pause to ponder,
when the photograph was shot,
No twitch of recollection,
No tell-tale beating heart,
No pang of sweet emotion,
to betray our time apart.
When I saw your picture,
I left it on the sill,
Rushing to the door, I left,
The photograph was still,
No frame to hold the memory,
No place upon a page,
No trophy for the agony,
Collecting dust with age.
On a totally separate note: For the first time in over 25 years, the Neishes had a reunion - and it was amazing. I only wish more Neishes could have been in attendance.
And on another totally separate note: Marie, thank you.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home